AKOORI (SPICED EGGS)
2 tablespoons oil or butter
2 medium onions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 medium tomato, finely chopped
1 small jalapeno chili, seeded and finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1. In a bowl, beat the eggs lightly. Keep aside.
2. In skillet, heat butter/oil, and fry onions until golden. Add
3. cumin and coriander powders. Stir quickly for 30 seconds. Add
4. chopped tomatoes, chili and 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves. Stir
5. until tomatoes are cooked.
6. Add eggs and stir over low fire until eggs are scrambled.
7. Garnish with remaining cilantro leaves before serving.