CARROT GINGER SOUP
1/2 butternut squash (chopped)
1 pound carrots, peeled and chopped
1 onion, chopped
15 thin slices ginger, peeled
2 cups water
salt to taste
pepper to taste
touch of cinnamon
1. In a large pot, sauté a few cloves of garlic and a chopped onion in olive oil, then add 2 cups water and butternut squash (chopped).
2. While this is cooking, add carrots and fresh ginger.
3. Add salt to taste...some pepper...and a few shakes of cinnamon (no more).
4. Allow to cook for at least twenty minutes.
5. Blend the entire mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth. If necessary add some boiled water while blending to get the desired consistency, but be careful not to use too much water. This soup is a puree...a thick and creamy soup.
6. Add a dab of butter to the bowl if you like, and mix before serving.