4-5 cups vegetables
1 cup chopped onions
2 cloves garlic
1 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds (topping)
2 cup water
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon horseradish
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
dash pepper (or allowable tabasco)
salt to taste
1. Sauté onions and garlic in 1 T. butter and a little water (about 5-7 min.).
2. Add vegetables and sauté until crisp tender.
3. Toast 1 C. chopped almonds and place in blender with water. Puree until smooth.
4. Add seasonings and 1 T. butter to sauce.
5. Combine Vegetables and almond sauce.
6. Pour into buttered casserole.
7. Sprinkle top with additional chopped almonds. Bake 15 min. at 400 F.