1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes (diced)
1/4 to 1/4 cup green peppers (diced)
1/8 to 1/4 cup scallions (diced)
1/2 to 3/4 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
olive oil (good grade)
1. Buy eggs, cheddar cheese, tomato (1), green pepper (1), and scallions (1 bunch). Be sure to have butter and olive oil on hand. Dice vegetables. Grate cheese. Mix eggs together (with NOTHING ELSE) but a little bit of water, seasoning as diet will permit, and whip with a whisk. Set eggs to one side.
2. Get frying pan. Add olive oil (just enough to cook, maybe a tablespoon). Heat to medium high heat. First add green peppers; cook for about 3-5 minutes, stirring mindfully. Then add tomatoes, continuing to sautée, and in a few minutes, add green onions, continuing to sauté for another 2-5 minutes. Put vegetable mixture on low and to one side (e.g.: simmer at very low heat for flavors to mingle).
3. In a totally separate pan, melt butter to a medium heat. (DO NOT COOK EGGS IN SAME FRYING PAN AS YOU COOKED VEGETABLES.) Once separate pan is hot, add egg mixture and cook to the consistency of moderately scrambled eggs; then fold in vegetable mixer. Continue to cook until mixture is the consistency of scrambled eggs. Realize your dish at this point won"t look like much.
4. Add grated cheddar cheese to top; DO NOT MIX. Use a goodly amount (until covered). Place cover on for about 5 minutes (max.). When you uncover it, it will be beautiful and very tasty. You will be able to serve it right out of the pan, just like a crustless quiche.
5. Can be served with SCD legal meat on the side or fruit or muffins, etc. Serves well (and presents well) as a brunch item.