1 medium eggplant
1 bell pepper
1. Cut the end off of the medium eggplant. Quarter it by cutting it in half lengthwise, and then doing the same to each half. Cut the quarters into 1/3 inch slices. Coat them well in olive oil, salt lightly, and arrange on a cookie sheet or pan.
2. Place eggplant into the broiler, pretty close to the flame, and brown pieces on both sides.
3. Put them on a plate and set them aside.
4. Cut a bell pepper, an onion, and a tomato into shish-kebab sized chunks, toss them into the oil in the eggplant pan, and coat them lightly and broil them until they look like kebab veggies. Put them aside.
5. Thinly slice a cucumber or two, and put them in a bowl with a dollop of homemade yogurt and a clove or two of minced garlic.