4 eggplants, cut into two inch cubes
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh garlic-minced
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/8 teaspoon crushed red hot pepper (optional,but tastes really good)
1/8 cup lemon juice(always use fresh)
1 tablespoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1. Boil eggplant cubes in salted water unitl very soft. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add cubed tomato. Saute until slightly soft and stir in the eggplant.
3. In a small mixing bowl mix the rest of the ingredients until smooth.
4. Add mixture to eggplant and tomatoes. Uncover pan and continue to cook over medium heat for 10 minutes while stirring constantly.
5. Reduce heat and cook for another 30 minutes.
6. Serve hot or chilled.