1 butternut squash
2 small dessert apples
ginger root (1 inch)
1. Chop the bulb off a butternut squash at the point where the seeds start to show. Don't peel it.
2. Stick it (open flesh side UP) in a medium oven until the flesh is completely soft all the way through. This might take about 40mins.
3. Meanwhile peel, core, and slice about 2 small dessert apples.
4. Place apples in a pan and grate in about an inch-worth of ginger root (if you like ginger).
5. Cook apples however you normally do it (actually I do it in microwave without any added water).
6. You can puree the apple and ginger if you want.
7. Make a caramel sauce by boiling up butter with honey and then adding yoghurt.
8. When the squash is cooked, scoop out seeds with a spoon. It looks lovely and browned.
9. In the squash cavity, pour the apple and ginger mixture, squeeze in a few drops of fresh lemon juice, and then fill up with caramel sauce.