2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion
1-2 cloves garlic
4 cups water, veggie, or chicken broth
5 medium tomatoes
fresh thyme, basil, oregano, parsley
1-2 cups black beans
1. Soak black beans overnight.
2. Heat oil, onions, and garlic in pot.
3. Boil water in separate pan.
4. Score tomato skin in an X.
5. Put tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds.
6. Rinse tomatoes in cold water.
7. Peel tomatoes, cut in half and take seeds out.
8. Chop tomatoes finely with chopper
9. Put 4 cups of water, veggie, or chicken broth in pot with onions.
10. Add tomatoes and herbs.
11. Boil for about 20 minutes.
12. Add black beans and boil again until it comes to consistency you like (the longer the more flavorful)