1 1/4 lbs. cauliflower, washed and cut into florets
8 ounces mushrooms (preferably cremini), washed and sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Heat olive oil in a large casserole over med-high heat until shimmering.
2. Add mushrooms and saute 5 min. until softened.
3. Add garlic and saute 1 min.
4. Add cauliflower and 5 c. water.
5. Bring to a boil and then simmer 5-7 min. until cauliflower is tender.
6. Transfer to blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
7. Season with salt/pepper to taste.
8. Garnish each bowl with a "drizz" of olive oil,a dollop of yogurt or french cream, or grated sharp cheese.