1/2 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, chopped
1 pound carrots, peeled and chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups water
salt + pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, add olive oil. Saute garlic and onion until browned.
2. Add water and butternut squash.
3. While this is cooking, add carrots, salt, and pepper.
4. Cook for at least 20–30 minutes, until carrots and squash are soft.
5. Blend the entire mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth. This soup is more like a puree, and should have a thick consistency.
6. Optional: Add a dab of butter before serving.