1 large head of cauliflower
6 medium shallots
5 cups chicken broth
jalapeno havarti or cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste.
1. Core and finely chop the head of cauliflower.
2. Finely chop 4 shallots. Slice the other two into small rings and set aside.
3. Heat a small amount of olive oil in a large stockpot.
4. Add cauliflower and chopped shallot to hot oil. Cook until cauliflower is tender.
5. Add chicken broth to stockpot and simmer contents until very soft.
6. Puree contents of pot in a blender or food processor.
7. Fry two remaining shallots in oil until brown and crispy.
8. Serve soup hot and garnish with fried shallots and cheese.