2-1/2 cups almond flour
56 grams Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (1 cup + 2 Tbsp)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
3 tablespoons melted butter
3/4 cup DCCC (dry curd cottage cheese)
1/2 cup 10% white vinegar reduced to 1/4 cup
(or 1 cup 5% vinegar reduced to 1/4 cup.)
Non iodized salt (kosher or pickling salt)
1. Combine the cheese, almond flour, baking soda and salt.
2. Blend eggs, butter, DCCC and vinegar in processor or blender until very smooth. Add to almond flour etc and mix together. In order to get an intense vinegar flavour without adding too much liquid I reduce the vinegar. I use white pickling vinegar (10%) but you could use regular white vinegar (5%) and reduce a greater amount - see ingredients.
3. Divide into 4 parts and shape each into a log about 1 1/2inches in diameter and 6 inches long. Wrap in wax paper and freeze just until firm.
4. Slice very thinly with a sharp knife and place on a well buttered pan.
5. Regular bake in preheated oven at 325 F. for 8 minutes. Turn crackers over and bake another 6 minutes (or convection bake in a preheated oven at 325 F. for 7 minutes). Turn crackers over and bake another 5 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle them very liberally with salt and shake the pan so both sides of the crackers are salted.
7. Allow to cool on the pan.