8 oz. cheddar cheese (mild) cut into 1/8? slices
1 tsp.chili powder
1/2 cup almond flour
1/8 tsp. Black pepper
dash cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
3. Cut cheese slices into approx. 1? squares.
4. Allow cheese slices to come to room temperature.
5. Mix together remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
6. Dip cheese in almond flour mixture and pat to coat evenly.
7. Arrange on parchment paper spaced 1? apart.
8. Bake at 300 for 10-15 minutes until bubbly.
9. Let cool on cookie sheets until cool enough to handle
10. Transfer to paper towels to absorb oils, until completely cool.
11. At this point they will be flexible and good to eat as a mini-soft taco shells.
12. To make them crisp like chips, arrange several on a paper
13. plate and microwave on high 30-45 seconds.
14. (Watch carefully so they do not burn. They will bubble up, while cooking and develop a domed appearance.)
15. Let cool on paper towels.
16. As they cool they will become crispy.