1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup melted butter or oil
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp grated lemon rind
1 Tbsp poppyseeds
3 cups almond flour
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
3. In a large mixing bowl, use an electric beater to thoroughly combine eggs, honey, butter/oil, baking soda, salt, and lemon juice.
4. Stir in lemon rind and poppyseeds.
5. Stir in almond flour, a cup at a time, to make a fairly thick batter.
6. Spoon batter into muffin cups, using wet fingers to lightly press down any bumps on the tops before baking.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown, springy to the touch, and a toothpick comes out clean.
8. These will keep unrefrigerated for a week, longer if refrigerated.
My non-SCD husband thinks these taste the most like "real" baked goods out of all the other almond flour treats I've made. If you can't handle poppyseeds, I'm sure they'd be good without.
- Ann Arbor, MI