5 pounds apples
1. Wash apples. Remove stems and dark spots and quarter apples, but do not pare or core.
2. Add just enough water to half cover apples and cook in a stainless steel or enamel saucepan until the fruit is soft.
3. Drain, using a jelly bag. You'll get more juice if you squeeze the bag, but it will make a cloudy jelly.
4. Measure 6 cups juice. Add 1/2 cup honey for every cup juice.
5. Boil until a good jelly test is obtained.
6. Pour into hot, sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace, and seal.
7. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water bath.