1 1/2 cups almond flour
3 good size catfish fillets (or red snapper)
salt & pepper
cayenne or powdered jalapeno
1. Break egg in a bowl and scramble with a fork. Put aside.
2. Put almond flour in a pie plate and season with plenty of salt and garlic, cayenne, and oregano to taste.
3. Cut fillets into serving size portions, dip them in egg, roll them in flour, and fry them in olive oil until browned, turning once.
4. Catfish is thick, and might not be done through at this point, so line a pan with foil, put the browned fish in it, and cover it with more foil (or if you don't mind the clean up, put it in a covered casserole).
5. Put it in the oven at 300 degrees F. for about 20 minutes.
6. If you have flour leftover, put egg in it, form it into patties, and fry it up for mock hushpuppies.