3 to 4 perfectly ripe Hass avocados
1/2 lemon (juice)
1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
2 plum tomatoes, cored and finely diced
2 serrano chiles, seeded and finely diced (optional)
1/4 cup white onion, finely diced
1/4 cup cilantro leaves, finely diced
1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
1. Prepare (cut, dice, etc) the tomatoes, chilies, onion, and cilantro.
2. Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Scoop the flesh into a bowl and roughly mash it with a fork.
3. Squeeze the lemon juice over the avocado.
4. Add the salt to the avocado then fold in the remaining ingredients.
5. Taste to see if it needs more of something.
6. Serve with sticks of raw vegetables if you can handle them; if not, it's great on roasted chicken breast; hot roasted tomatoes; grilled zucchini.