Melted butter, to grease
1/2 cup of honey
200g almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 170°C (gas mark 3). Brush a round 22cm (base measurement) springform pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line base with non-stick baking paper.
2. Place the oranges in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Cook for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 15 minutes (this will reduce the bitterness of the peel). Refresh under cold water. Drain. Coarsely chop oranges. Remove and discard any seeds.
3. Place the orange in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
4. Use an electric beater to whisk the eggs and honey in a bowl. Add the orange, almond flour and baking soda and gently fold until just combined. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
6. Turn cake onto a serving plate. Cut into wedges to serve.