1 grapefruit (or combinations)
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 - l cup honey
1/2 cup whisky (optional)
1. Remove peel from fruit, leaving a bit of pith.
2. Cut into thin slices.
3. Cover with water, add 1/8 tsp baking soda.
4. Simmer about 1 hour until tender.
5. Drain and return to pot.
6. Cover with honey.
7. Simmer until half liquid is gone.
8. Add whisky.
9. Simmer until all liquid is gone. Watch carefully in last stages for scorching.
10. Spread on parchment paper or non-stick surface to cool. If small amount of liquid remains, don't worryit will set nicely.
Pam Williams (Toronto, Canada)