2 pounds round steak, 1/2 inch thick
2 medium carrots
1 large dill pickle
2 tablespoons almond flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
2 tablespoons salad oil
8 ounces tomato sauce
1 small onion, chopped
2 tablespoons minced parsley
1. With meat mallet, pound steak until 1/4 inch thick; cut into 5 or 6 serving pieces.
2. Cut each carrot into thin sticks. Cut pickle into 5 or 6 strips.
3. Place several carrot sticks and one pickle stick on each piece of meat.
4. Beginning at narrow end, roll up meat, securing with small skewers or toothpicks.
5. Mix almond flour with salt, pepper, and garlic salt; coat steak rolls, reserving remaining mixture.
6. In large skillet, brown meat rolls with hot oil. Pour off excess fat.
7. Place browned meat in crockpot.
8. Mix tomato sauce with reserved flour; stir in onion. Pour over meat.
9. Cover and simmer on low for 7 to 9 hours or until tender. Sprinkle with parsley.