1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup honey
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups almond flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons anise seeds*
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sliced almonds
3/4 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 325 F (175 C)
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and honey till light and fluffy Beat in eggs and vanilla
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, soda and salt. Stir in nuts and dried fruit until well distributed.
4. Mix dry ingredients into butter mixture until well blended. Gather dough into a ball; cut in half
5. On a greased cookie sheet, shape each half of dough into a 10-by-3-by1-inch log.
6. Bake for around 20. min. or until lightly browned and slightly firm. Remove from oven; cool 5 min.
7. Move logs to a cutting suface.
8. Reduce oven temp. to 275 F
9. Cut each log into 1/2 inch strips; return to baking sheet, arranging slices cut side up. Bake for about 20 minutes until crisp throughout.
10. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in tightly covered container.