1 whole chicken
1/2 cloves garlic
1 lemon - fresh juice
2 teaspoons oregano
2 tablespoons butter (plus a whole cube of butter)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Rub washed chicken with garlic and put garlic inside chicken. (I press the garlic and smear it.)
2. Squeeze lemon over and in chicken. Sprinkle inside and out with oregano and pepper and a little cinnamon.
3. Place in roasting pan and drizzle with oil and dot with butter. (AND affix a cube of butter to the top with toothpicks.)
4. Bake at 375 degrees F (200 C) until done, about 1 & 1/4 hours depending on chicken. Vegetables can be roasted in the pan, too.
5. Every 15 minutes or so, check the chicken and baste it. Turn vegetables.