2 1/2 pounds chicken pieces, skinned
1 juicy lemon
1 3/4 cup SCD plain yogurt
1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
1 clove garlic, peeled
3/4 inch cube of fresh ginger, peeled and quartered
2 teaspoons garam masala
1 teaspoon salt
1. Cut two long slits into each piece of chicken.
2. Spread the chicken pieces out on a large platter.
3. Sprinkle half the salt and squeeze the juice from 3/4 of the lemon over them. Make sure this gets into the slits you have made. Turn the chicken over and repeat these steps with the remaining salt and lemon juice.
4. Combine the yogurt, onion, garlic, ginger and garam masala in a food processor or blender. Blend until you have a smooth paste.
5. Add the chicken and any accumulated juices into a bowl with the yogurt marinade. Mix well, making sure that the marinade gets into the slits.
6. Cover and refrigerate for 6-24 hours (the longer the better!).
7. Grill the chicken on a BBQ or bake in the oven at the highest possible temp for 20-25 minutes.