1 kg Chicken breast fillets
6 cloves garlic
1 1/4 inch fresh ginger root
3 tablespoons vegatable oil
4 x 5 cm pieces of cinnamon bark (I used a teaspoon of groundcinnamon as I did not have any bark!)
6 pods green Cardamom
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
3 tablespoons ground almonds (blanched)
250 ml hot water
1 tablespoon fresh coriander to garnish (though i just chucked a load in at the end of the cooking as I love the stuff)
1. Skin chicken and cut into thin strips.
2. Slice onions, crush garlic, grate ginger, dice tomatoes.
3. Warm oil and fry onions until well browned (about ten minutes) again I used a saucepan but a karahi would be better.
4. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 2 more minutes.
5. Add cloves, cinnamon and cardamom and cook for a further 2 minutes.
6. Add chicken and stir fry for 5 minutes
7. Stir in cumin, ground coriander, turmeric, chilli and salt to taste.
8. Stir in tomatoes, almonds and hot water. bring to boil cover and simmer
9. for 25 minutes.
10. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with coriander. Serves 6, though I think 3 is more accurate!