1 cup grated raw carrot
3/4 cup coconut crumbs
6 eggs, separated
1 cup ground raw cashews
3/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a large bowl, blend the carrot, coconut, honey, and vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks to a creamy consistency.
3. Fold the egg yolks into the carrot-coconut mixture and let it stand in the refrigerator for 1 hour, or until it has soaked up the moisture.
4. Add the ground cashews and blend.
5. In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff.
6. Fold the egg whites into the carrot-coconut mixture.
7. Make two 9-inch layers or pour the mixture into a bundt pan.
8. Bake in a preheated 400 degree F (220 C) oven for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (180 C) and bake for an additional 20 to 30 minutes or until the cake shows signs of leaving the sides of the pan.
9. Cool on a wire rack.