6 eggs, separated
1 cup honey
1 1/2 cups carrots, cooked and pureed*
1 tablespoon grated orange rind
1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
3 cups almond flour
*The carrots should be cooked, pureed, and then measured.
1. Preheat over to 325 F (165 C)
2. Beat the egg yolks and honey together. Mix in carrot puree, orange rind, orange juice and almond flour.
3. Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold in.
4. Spoon into a greased loose bottomed 9 inch springform pan.
5. Bake for about 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
6. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.