1 1/2 cups almond flour
6 tablespoons butter - slightly softened
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or other nuts
1. BREAD: Mix all ingredients together very well. Press into a 10" spring form pan - no need to grease the pan. The shortbread is quite thin.
2. Bake at 350 until golden brown - this should be fairly dry, not soft and crumbly - about 15-18 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
3. GlAZE: While the shortbread is baking, melt butter in a small saucepan. Add honey and cinnamon and mix well.
4. After the shortbread has cooled for 5 minutes, brush the glaze on the top of the shortbread with a pastry brush. Sprinkle finely chopped nuts on top of the glaze. Put back in the oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
5. Cool and eat. This is wonderful by itself or along with frozen yogurt, mousse, or sorbet. Ymmmmmmmmmmm.