2 tablespoons butter
2/3 tablespoons honey
4-5 tablespoons almond flour
2 cups dry curd cottage cheese (DCCC)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon legal vanilla
1/2 cup honey (or 6 packages of Sweet & Low)
1/4 cup legal pineapple juice
1 package unflavored gelatin
20 ounces chunk pineapple (I use a can of Dole "in its own juice" and haven't had any problems, but use your own judgment)
cinnamon to sprinkle on top
1. CRUST: Melt the butter and honey together. Mix in almond flour until it's pastey.
2. Spread on the bottom of a 9' greased glass pie plate and bake at 400 F until it"s golden brown.
3. It only takes a few minutes so be careful because it burns easily. It may puff up a bit, but it will settle after cooling. ( If you don"t want to make the crust, just pour the pie filling in a greased glass pie plate)
4. FILLING: Blend cheese, eggs, honey, lemon juice & vanilla in a food processor.
5. Dissolve gelatin into pineapple juice and blend into mixture.
6. Stir or process in pineapple depending on if you want big or small pieces...I process the pineapple in for 5-7 seconds.
7. Pour into the 9" crusted pie plate and generously sprinkle cinnamon on top. Bake in a 350 F oven for 30 minutes.
8. Let cool, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
CD 13 years