1/2 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed recommended, with plenty o' pulp, if possible)
several cups almond flour
1 cup almond butter (simply grind almond flour for a minute in the coffee grinder)
3 beaten eggs
1/2 cup boiling water
1 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
several drops pure lemon oil (optional)
1 teaspoon freshly grated orange rind (preferably organic)
1/2 cup honey (or to taste)
sea salt (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
2. There is a trick to the light and fluffy texture of these delicate and scrumptious treats: start by slowly combining the almond butter with the boiled water, adding a little at a time until smooth and creamy.
3. Slowly add the orange juice and the rest of the ingredients, mixing them in one at a time.
4. Lastly, add more flour to the batter to get the desired (thick, but pourable) consistency.
5. Bake til golden brown in buttered muffin tin.