cauliflower (cooked then mashed to "mashed potaoto" texture)
carrots (chopped up in small peice to speed up cooking)
1 white onion, chopped
ground lean beef
homemade beef stock broth
chili powder (lots!)
oregano (fresh is the best)
1. The quanities of each ingredient are based on how much you want to make--use your common sense for the spices :)
2. Preheat oven at 350 F.
3. Throw in chopped up carrots and cauliflower into a pot of boiling water. Cook till soft.
4. While waiting for the vegetables to cook, place lean beef on a frying pan. Break beef apart with fork to achieve 'scrambled beef'. Add the homemade beef broth (this puts a lot of flavour in the beef).
5. Chop up the onions, celery and fresh oregano and add chili poweder and salt 'n' pepper at this point. When beef if almost cooked, throw all of these ingredients (including spices) in with the beef. Let them saute with the beef till beef is fully cooked. Add more spices if desired!
6. Drain cauliflower and carrots, leaving a little bit of water in the pot with it to help the mashing. If desired, add butter and salt to the mashed mixture.
7. Get out a casserole baking dish, first add the ground beef mixture at the bottom then spread over the cauliflower/carrot mash. Bake covered for 1/2 hour. YUM!