lean beef cut into strips
1 1/2 cups salt
1/2 cup coriander (cilantro)
2 teaspoons nutmeg
2 teaspoons cloves
2 teaspoons home-made mixed spice powder
(from fresh whole coriander, cumin, cardamom, & chili, ground together)
2 teaspoons ground mace
2 cups vinegar
1. Mix all spices together. Use as much as you want of each.
2. Put one layer of meat into a bowl
3. Sprinkle this mixture over the layer of meat, then put in another layer and sprinkle it and so on until all the meat is in the bowl.
4. Leave it in the refrigerator for a few hours, then turn it over and leave for a few more hours.
5. Use a dehydrator to dry the meat in about 20 hours.
Cecilia in Australia.