2 pounds beef tenderloin or 3 lb. chuck roast or brisket, trimmed as desired
1 tablespoon olive oil
12 ounce-bag cranberries
1 juice orange
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup honey
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in covered casserole over med-high heat until hot.
2. Add meat and sear until brown on all sides, seasoning with salt and pepper.
3. Add vinegar, allow to bubble for about 1 min., stirring up any brown bits on the bottom of the casserole.
4. Add cranberries, juice and rind of orange (use a vegetable peeler to take off orange rind in broad strips), and honey.
5. Stir until mixed and cover casserole. Mixture should bubble gently.
6. Turn meat every 30 min.
7. Cook until done as desired (about 1 hour for med.-rare tenderloin, more for chuck roast or brisket).
8. Slice and serve with sauce.