2 pounds turkey tenderloin, cut into 3/4 inch medallions
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil (olive oil would be better)
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 shallots diced
1 cup cooking apple, peeled and diced
1/2 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup orange juice
1. Salt and pepper the turkey medallions. Melt the butter and oil in a large skillet.
2. Brown the turkey medallions quickly on each side.
3. Reduce the heat and add the garlic and shallots.
4. Cook until the turkey is thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in the center. Place the medallions on a warm serving plate.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients to the skillet and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat and simmer until the apples are soft.
7. Pour the sauce over the medallions and serve.